The White bread is a favourite for everyone. Whether you’re craving for a cheese toast, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or just a regular toast, it’s everyone’s best friend. However, if you’re allergic to certain ingredients used in making the bread or watching your carb intake, then you can personalize it according to your choice. Here is a quick recipe to create the best white bread you’ve ever tasted.
The ingredients mentioned for this recipe serves 20 pieces of bread.
– Two packs of dry yeast
– Three tablespoons of sugar or any sweetener of your choice
– Two cups of warm water
– A pinch of salt
– A form of fat like lard or butter
– Six and a half cups of all-purpose or bread flour
Dissolve yeast and half cup sugar in lukewarm water and allow it to settle in a large mixing bowl until bubbles form on the surface. Now, add the remaining sugar, salt and flour to the mixtures and give it a right mix.
Adding a tablespoon of oil to the mixture will not only give a smooth dough but also prevent the mix from sticking to your hands. Beat the combination thoroughly until it forms a soft dough, without any lumps.
Find a smooth surface on your kitchen slab, cover the surface with a plastic wrap. Dust some all-purpose flour on the surface and knead the dough mixture for about eight to ten minutes. Once you start feeling the smoothness of the mixture on your hands, place your mixture in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel and allow it to sit for 2 hours. This step will make sure the dough forms air bubbles which will ensure an airy, smooth bread.
Punch the dough to get rid of of the airiness and knead it for another eight to ten minutes. Once done, divide the dough into equal halves, grease the bread loaf pan and allow the dough to sit there or another one hour.
Preheat the oven for ten minutes at 200 or 200 degrees and bake it for about 30 minutes. Make sure the insides of the bread are about 200 degrees. Once done, poke a toothpick to ensure the insides are baked evenly. Most times, you can figure out if it is baked by the aroma it produces.
Allow your bread to cool down and enjoy it with your favourite spread.
Tips for baking the perfect white bread
– Don’t be in a hurry to bake your bread and get done with it. Preheat the oven for at least 15 to 20 minutes so that there is evenness in the crust as well as its insides.
– Brush the dough with water to ensure a crusty loaf and brush it with egg if you want a smoother and more beautiful finish.
– steam the bread in the oven while baking. This method is also followed by commercial bread vendors to keep the outer layers crusty and insides fluffy.